Friday, December 14, 2012

March Exhibition


The March show at ARC Gallery features the work of Kina Bagovska, Barbara McIntyre and Masha Keating. 

Exhibition Dates

March 6, 2013 through March 30, 2013
Opening Reception
March 9, 2013
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Special Event - Friday Evening Reception
March 29, 2013
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
ARC Gallery will now be open for a special evening reception each month in conjunction with the opening of Firecat Projects' Featured Exhibitions.

The Artists

Kina Bagovska

ARC Member Artist since 2002

 Fire

Kina Bagovska has more than 25 years experience in the arts, education, journalism, and graphic design. She received a Master of Arts degree from the Academy of Arts in Poland. Kina taught art at Triton College and now teaches in her private art studio. She has more than 200 published articles and art critiques.  In 2007 she founded and became president of the Bulgarian American Heritage Center in Chicago. Kina is also a member of the Bulgarian American Association.  She has been a member artist with ARC Gallery since 2002.

See more of Kina’s work on her website at http://www.bagovska.com/

Masha Keating

Oil paintings by Masha Keating

Tangle, Oil on linen, 30 x 30, 2012

Masha Keating writes about her own work...

I move freely between abstraction and representation, reality and fantasy, imagery created by nature and imagery created by people. Floral and other organic imagery take on a fantastic and surreal quality in my work, and they are often combined with decorative motifs that people have developed throughout the centuries.  Motifs inspired by nature such as Victorian architectural designs, Viking carvings, Celtic illuminations, Islamic decorations and others. I create a meditative visual experience for the viewer. Quality and the use of lines in Japanese Art have also influenced me to explore the visual effects of combining classical rendering techniques with the treatment of lines as their own entity as well as like a tool for defining form.
During my attempts to understand the meaning of Art in my life I have stumbled upon a sense of sacredness.  People have used art to express their awe and understanding of the world around them for centuries. I have always paid attention to the parallels in the universe, between its macro and microcosms; I express my perception of these connections in my paintings. Relationships between abstract elements like color, form and composition evoke similar parallels in my mind. The process of collaboration between the painting and myself is very important. The highlight of the journey is discovering the final result that blossoms from my initial inspiration.
See more of Masha Keating’s work on her website at www.mashakeating.com

Barbara McIntyre

Fish Series

 Salmon and Trout, Mixed media collage on panel, 32 x 32, 2012

Barbara McIntyre writes about her own work...

The stewardship or our wild lands and creatures have been of interest to me ever since I can remember.  I grew up in Santa Barbara on the edge of Sycamore Canyon.  That was my play area, wandering the deer trails and watching the birds, where now there are home and fences. I have always been aware and very connected to the wild things that I shared those paths with. 
I was taken fishing by my Grandfather- Louis E. Baker, at a young age (6-9 yrs) and was never made to feel that little girls couldn’t or shouldn’t do such things.  I am now an avid sports angler (mostly saltwater) I am very interested and encouraged by the Sportfishing community and its commitment and adherence to size and limits of fish taken and return of under sized and no-take species.
Because of what I feel is an instinctive interest in the animal world – I am attracted to the taxidermy and all things skin, bone and antlers.  I believe this to be primal for all humans and goes back to our hunter gatherer roots.  I do not condone nor condemn hunting or fishing,  I believe to lose that, is to lose a connection with our humanity and that the real task is stewardship.   It is no easy task and cannot be done in any wholesale manner but must be done carefully and respectfully.

See more of Barbara McIntyre’s work on her website at http://www.bbmcintyre.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment